Sunday 12 October 2008

I am Kloot

My first exposure to the bitter-sweet music of this Manchester based trio was on the equally bitter-sweet BBC situation-comedy Early Doors, written by Phil Mealey and Craig Cash (of Royle Family fame). John Bramwell , Peter Jobson and Andy Hargreaves formed I am Kloot in 1999 and released their debut album, Natural History, two years later. Since then they have released three more LPs on different labels but have failed to convert critical acclaim into commercial success.

Nevertheless, the band have a loyal fan-base (especially outside their native Britain) which may well grow through word-of-mouth acclaim. I know that I for one enjoy introducing friends and associates (and now, the readers of this blog) to the black humour of Manchester's best kept secret. As such I present the video for Proof, taken from their eponymous 2003 LP, which features actor Christopher Ecclestone (Dr Who, Heroes).

Check out the band's official website for more information, and see Tony Naylor's article on the Guardian blog: "Why isn't this band huge?" (a very good question).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well this is really nice stuff

Debbie said...

I loved this! Thanks for sharing.

Borkiman said...

Glad you liked it.

Thanks for the comments.