Sunday 20 February 2011

Travian

I have recently started playing Travian again. It is a massively multiplayer online browser-based strategy game in which you can choose to be play of three tribes: Gauls, Romans or Teutons. The game involves the development of villages, the formation of alliances and the eventual construction of a wonder of the world to complete the game.

I had played before, but I would eventually become disheartened by the bickering and internal politics of the alliances which I joined. Nevertheless, I thought I would give the new version a go. All in all, I am rather impressed with the new design.


Version 4 includes a complete revamp of the hero system. Each player starts with a hero which can be sent out on missions and equipped with all manner of items. The hero also provides a production bonus, so you can use him to accrue extra crop, lumber, clay and iron, or all four.

Version 4 is being rolled out on the various national servers and is already running on servers in the United States and United Kingdom.

No comments: