Thursday 25 December 2008

Top Ten Tunes of 2008: 1 - "Caravan Girl" by Goldfrapp

As is the tradition with these things I should start with a countdown of the rest of the top ten.

10 - "Nude" by Radiohead
9 - "Whiteboy" by James
8 - "5 Years Time" by Noah and the Whale
7 - "Hey Little Bird" by I Am Kloot
6 - "Warwick Avenue" by Duffy
5 - "Daddy's Gone" by Glasvegas
4 - "Clowns" by Goldfrapp
3 - "White Winter Hymnal" by the Fleet Foxes
2 - "One Day Like This" by Elbow

and now I can reveal my favourite tune of 2008 (to anyone who didn't read the title of this post)...

As I wrote yesterday, it was a difficult choice between the ubiquitous Elbow track and the eventual winner "Caravan Girl" by Goldfrapp. This is the second appearance in the chart from the avant-garde electro-pop-cum-glam-folk duo, underlining the quality of the album from which they are taken, Seventh Tree. So without further ado, I present my favourite tune of 2008. Seasonal felicitations to all.

No comments: